My mother in law, is afraid to make the knee replacement, she is 60 years and cant bear the pain anymore? - my mother have knee pain
She asked what precautions to take before and after surgery, she lost weight. As activity after surgery, or simply as normal.
2 comments:
I am over 60 years, and I had both knees about 3 years. before. Without surgery, he was in a wheelchair because of the unbearable pain, even with painkillers.
First, make sure you have a good doctor ... I went to a university hospital. Doctor will advise on precautions to take action. The best advice I can give is to try to build upper body and arm strength before the surgery. It will help you take care of their own physical needs quickly after the operation. With a walker with safety requires the strength of the arm. Weight ... I am overweight and I'm sure would have been better for me easier, but could not wait.
After surgery, the activity is very limited, for the fiscal year begins almost immediately after the operation. We also need physical therapy after surgery can and your exercises religiously. It's annoying and painful, but necessary. My doctor told me that if I do not intend to do exercises, you are not a matter of fear orand surgery and meant it. That's what's important.
After the surgery, I found that has the steps of the flood in a hot pool (swimming pool into a fitness club theraputic) on the chest helped me develop the general strength and helped her my strength. In addition, exercise for the rest of the body without pain.
I went 2 weeks later and moved back after only 3 months. just need a little help with the cleaning. Totally normal activity is not for me until 6 months after surgery
My knee does not bother me a bit. No pain. Surgery is no fun, and it is a lot of pain in the first weeks, but I say long term. Make sure she takes her medication, especially before treatment. And for friends and family .... be sympathetic, but determined to see what the monitoring of the exercises and therapy. Good luck
My mother went through this very operation last month - so glad I did! It was in the right leg had to do many things to help in the first week, but with sedation, is, as now under control.
Your mother should ask many questions of the doctor to get the answers to your questions, and proceed with the business - it does help a lot.
Post a Comment